The average settlement for a drunk driving accident is about $125,000 according to online research. This is because the range of damage coverage on most insurance policies is only $50,000 to $200,000. However, some drunk driving accidents settle for less than $10,000 while some may go as high as $1,000,000. The average settlement for drunk driving accidents depends on several cost factors. Cost factors for drunk driving settlements include the permanence of the injuries, the severity of the injuries, car repair bills, medical costs, and the insurance coverage of the driver at fault and more. According to OslonLaw, “some drunk driving accidents settle for millions, while others result in drunk driving lawsuit settlements of less than $10,000.”
Read Ended By A Drunk Driver Settlement
The average settlement for being rear-ended by a drunk driver is about $57,000 according to Law Suit Info Center. The Law Suit Info Center’s article, however, explains that there is no average settlement because each accident is different. Although, they do have a list of average settlements in different types of cases. Read more about the average settlement for being rear-ended by a drunk driver:
- $25,000 – Whiplash Soft / Tissue Injuries
- $90,000 – Rotator Cuff Injury
- $58,158 – Serious low back and neck pain/physical therapy
- $537,000 – Neck Injuries / Neck Surgery
- $2,300,000 – Spinal & Abdominal Injuries
- $4,000,000 – Multiple Injuries – Six Surgeries
Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
- In the US, someone is killed by a drunk driving accident every 50 minutes.
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers result in a total cost of over $44 billion per year.
- Average Medical Cost For A Drunk Driving Accident: $2,000
- Over 16% of car accidents in the US are caused by drunk drivers
Drunk Driving Settlements In Mesa, Arizona
If you were hit by a drunk driver in Mesa, contact the Personal Injury Attorneys at The Bradshaw Firm today. The Bradshaw Firm’s drunk driving accident attorneys have years of experience with car accidents and success with winning drunk driving accident cases in Mesa.
If you or someone you love was injured in a drunk driving accident, is important that you contact us right away so your rights are protected and preserved. Make sure you do not give any statements to the other party or the insurance company to avoid prejudice of your case. Contact us today at 480.835.5553 to schedule a case review and consultation.
*Disclaimer – Your settlement may be different than the numbers above. The average/estimated drunk driving settlements above are provided by online resources. Every case is different.