Are you searching for how to get the most money from a car accident? This post should help!
If you are the victim of a car accident, you have the law gives you the right to file a legal claim against the negligent party. Your lawsuit may have a larger monetary total if you follow these steps:
- Contact a car accident attorney. The lawyer will tell you how much money you can expect to receive. Because every case differs, the legal counsel you receive from your lawyer will be different from the advice given to another client.
- Call 911 immediately after you have been in a car accident. After a doctor in the emergency room examines you, make an appointment with your own physician immediately.
- Let the physician about each pain and symptom you are experiencing. It doesn’t matter if you only feel a minute amount of pain in one part of your body. You will still need to keep your doctor informed about everything related to your condition. These medical records will be used by your personal injury attorney as evidence of injuries suffered after the accident. Also, complaints and treatments that have been recorded in your medical history will appease the insurance agent’s requirement as written proof.
- Make sure to keep all of your appointments with your doctor and physical therapist. If your doctor or therapist suggests more office visits, make the appointments before you leave the building. After you suffer injuries that are a result of a car accident, you will usually need physical therapy sessions roughly two to three times a week for a couple of months. Meet with your physician every month even if the doctor didn’t tell you to make the appointment.
- Keep going to your therapy sessions until you are totally rehabilitated. Your doctor will determine if you require any more treatments. If you recover during your legal proceedings, the amount of your settlement may go down. Therefore, you may need to maintain treatments until your lawyer comes to a settlement. If your injury is temporary, you may not have the right to receive a monetary settlement.
- If you need surgery, your case is automatically more valuable. However, you do not want to undergo a surgical procedure for the sole purpose of reaching a higher settlement amount.
- It is vital to make sure that your attorney is building a substantial case, with clear and specific demands. Be sure that you plainly show who is responsible for the accident and injuries using deposition citation quotes from the accident reports and other convincing evidence.
- If the physician prescribes pain pills and also suggests therapy, make sure you attend each of the therapy sessions. Otherwise, you might end up with a considerably smaller settlement.
- Speak with a car accident attorney before talking with an insurance agent. An insurance agent is not an attorney and will not file a lawsuit on your behalf. A personal injury lawyer is a person who fights for you.
- If you can still work, keep working for as many hours a week as your health allows. Jurors generally approve of brave and independent people. If you continue to work, you are more probably to win favor with the jurors.
Speak With Our Car Accident Lawyers In Mesa, Arizona Today
Our initial car accident lawyer consultation is free. Give us a call today at 480.835.5553 if you have been involved in a car accident in Mesa, Arizona that led to personal injury or medical treatment, our car accident lawyers can help you!